Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings must operate events within guidelines based on corporate, state and local regulations. CLICK HERE for the guidelines that have been released so far. This page will be updated whenever more information is available.
NOTE: Any policy may change at any time. Only your Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings sales consultant or event planner will be able to give you the most up-to-date details on COVID-19 restrictions for your date, and only as they obtain information from their corporate partners.
Below are some of the highlights of Disney’s current COVID-19 policies for weddings.
- Masks are optional at all outdoor events.
- Indoors, the bridal couple may remove their masks during the…
- First dance
- Cutting of the cake
- Staged photos in a private event location (not visible to day guests)
- Staged photos with the wedding party and others “in their party” in a private event location
- Father-daughter and mother-son dances (fathers and mothers may also remove their masks)
- Wedding party and officiant may also remove their masks during an indoor ceremony if appropriate physical distancing is maintained.
- A complete list of guests and outside photo/video vendors (if applicable), including email addresses, must be provided 60 days out.
- Guests and outside vendors ages 18 and over will be required to sign a COVID-19 waiver sent via email. Those who do not sign may not attend.
- You must designate a friend or family member to participate in a briefing and communicate Disney’s health and safety measures to your other guests.
- Only a member of your party may help you into/out of Cinderella’s Glass Coach and the Landau Coach.
- All transportation is available at full capacity but still requires the use of a transportation coordinator at an additional cost of $195 for the first 5 hours and $117 for each additional hour.
- Disney cast members are not permitted to touch anyone—not to pin a boutonniere, grab a bouquet or arrange a train.
- No in-person planning sessions, but if you have submitted your Letter of Agreement and deposit, your planner can arrange for you to pick up a cake-tasting kit at the Grand Floridian front desk at Walt Disney World. One week’s notice is required. Cake-tasting kits cannot be shipped.
- Cast members cannot accept your phone as an audio source for recorded music; only CDs and USB drives are permitted
- DIYs like welcome signs, programs and favors are allowed now.
- Unity ceremonies (unity candle, sand ceremony, etc.), seating charts, programs, and welcome signs are now allowed.
- All types of staged exit are now allowed.
- Personal floral deliveries will be made at the ceremony site only; in-room delivery is no longer available.
Reception & Dessert Party
- Disney has NOT reinstated the reduced-venue-capacity policies even though masks are now required indoors.
- Gift tables, guest books and favors are now allowed.
- Champagne flutes, cake knife + server and other accessories are now allowed.
- Character appearances must take place at a distance, and they require plant walls starting at $600. If your event is at a convention center location, click here for a sample diagram of the character-appearance setup. Arrangements may vary or be prohibited at other venues.
- Disney Fine Art Photography will no longer take “getting ready” photos.