Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings must operate events within guidelines based on corporate, state and local regulations. Below are the guidelines that have been released so far. This page will be updated whenever more information is released.
NOTE: Any policy may change at any time. Only your Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings sales consultant or event planner will be able to give you the most up-to-date details on COVID-19 restrictions for your date, and only as they obtain information from their corporate partners.
- Maximum guest count until January 2021: 50 people, including the couple.
- Maximum guest count starting February 2021: 70 people, including the couple.
- Only 50% of max capacity allowed at each venue.
- Guests ages 18 and over will be required to sign a COVID-19 waiver sent via email.
- No specialty transportation (coaches, vintage cars, etc.) available.
- All other transportation available at 50% capacity. Transportation coordinators will assign seating based on travel groups and the seating chart for the reception.
- No outside vendors for floral and decor (except personal floral).
- Disney cast members are not permitted to touch anyone—not to pin a boutonniere, grab a bouquet or arrange a train.
- In-park events require temperature checks with the same cool-off-and-retry policy being used for all park guests. Failing a second check triggers 24-hour quarantine (and prohibits attendance at the event).
- No conference rooms are available to rent for pre-event prep like hair and makeup.
- No in-person planning sessions, but you may pick up a cake-tasting kit if you are at Walt Disney World. Cake-tasting kits cannot be shipped.
- Seating will be assigned and socially distanced. Only members of the same household or travel party may sit together.
- Everyone seated must wear a mask.
- The officiant must wear a mask.
- Each member of the couple may have up to 3 bridal party attendants standing with them at the altar, and all 6 must wear masks.
- Bridal party members may remove masks during the processional. However, they must proceed down the aisle single file; pairs are not allowed.
- A family member escorting one of the bridal couple down the aisle is not required to wear a mask until they sit down.
- The bridal couple is not required to wear masks during the ceremony at indoor locations or outdoor theme park locations when the ceremony is held while the park is closed. Masks are required at outdoor locations visible to park and resort guests.
- The Bride and Groom vestibules at the Wedding Pavilion have a maximum capacity of 4 each.
- Cast members cannot accept your phone or CDs as an audio source for recorded music.
- DIYs like welcome signs and favors are prohibited.
- Staged exits (petal toss, bubbles, streamers, etc.) are prohibited.
Reception & Dessert Party
- Masks must be worn unless you are seated to eat.
- Bridal couple may remove masks for first dance, father-daughter dance, mother-son dance and cake cutting.
- Only members of the same household or travel party may sit together, with a maximum of two couples and three single guests per table (up to five people total).
- Buffets will be positioned behind Plexiglass and servers will plate the requested food items.
- Silverware will be rolled in napkins and picked up at the buffet.
- No condiments will be placed on the tables.
- The bar will be backstage and off-limits to guests; servers will circulate to take drink orders. Cash bars are prohibited.
- Ballrooms will be expanded to accommodate social distancing.
- Dance floors will be sectioned off; only members of the same household (i.e., seated at the same table) or travel party may dance together.
- Bouquet and garter tossing is prohibited.
- Character appearances must take place at a distance. If your event is at a convention center location, click here for a sample diagram of the character-appearance setup. Arrangements may vary at other venues.
- No fireworks at dessert parties.
- Certain theme park venues may be unavailable due to use as mask-free relaxation zones.
- Masks must be worn by all guests and the couple at any outdoor location, including Picture Point at the Wedding Pavilion.
- Masks are not required for the bridal couple’s photos inside the Wedding Pavilion.
- Masks must be worn by other guests during photos inside the Wedding Pavilion, and groups who do not share a household must physically distance.
- Masks are required for traveling to and from photo locations inside the theme parks during pre-park-opening bridal portrait sessions, but they may be removed while photos are being taken.
- Disney Fine Art Photography will no longer take “getting ready” photos.