Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings must operate events within guidelines based on corporate, state and local regulations. This page will be updated whenever more information is available.
CLICK HERE for the guidelines that have been released so far.
NOTE: Any policy may change at any time. Only your Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings sales consultant or event planner will be able to give you the most up-to-date details on COVID-19 restrictions for your date, and only as they obtain information from their corporate partners.
Below are some of the highlights of Disney’s current COVID-19 policies for weddings.
- Masks are optional at all outdoor events and at private events indoors. Beginning February 18, 2022, only unvaccinated guests will be required to wear masks in public indoor spaces, including the lobby of the Grand Floridian.
- Only a member of your party may help you into/out of Cinderella’s Glass Coach and the Landau Coach.
- All transportation is available at full capacity but chartered transportation still requires the use of a transportation coordinator at an additional cost of $39/hour, starting at least 30 minutes before the first pickup. (Chartered means you’re paying for continuous service for a set number of hours; one-way transportation does not require a transportation coordinator.)
- Disney cast members are not permitted to touch anyone—not to pin a boutonniere, grab a bouquet or arrange a train.
- No in-person planning sessions, but if you have submitted your Letter of Agreement and deposit, your planner can arrange for you to pick up a cake-tasting kit at the Grand Floridian front desk at Walt Disney World. One week’s notice is required. Cake-tasting kits cannot be shipped.
- Cast members cannot accept your phone as an audio source for recorded music; only CDs and USB drives are permitted
- DIYs like welcome signs, programs and favors are allowed now.
- Unity ceremonies (unity candle, sand ceremony, etc.), seating charts, programs, and welcome signs are now allowed.
- All types of staged exit are now allowed, including blowing bubbles.
- Personal floral deliveries will be made at the ceremony site only; in-room delivery is no longer available.
Reception & Dessert Party
- Disney has NOT reinstated the reduced-venue-capacity policies.
- Gift tables, guest books and favors are now allowed.
- Champagne flutes, cake knife + server and other accessories are now allowed.
- Character appearances must still take place at a distance, and they require plant walls starting at $700. If your event is at a convention center location, click here for a sample diagram of the character-appearance setup. Arrangements may vary or be prohibited at other venues.
- Masks are NOT required at public indoor venues (e.g., the lobby of the Grand Floridian) for people who have been vaccinated.
- Disney has resumed allowing in-room getting ready photos.